Deep Rock Galactic is one of the most fun games I’ve ever played. It’s a procedurally generated first person co-op shooter for up to 4 players. You play as a team of veteran dwarven space miners, you must go on missions for your corporate overlords and venture into the deepest, most dangerous cave systems of the most hostile planet ever discovered.
In this gem, you’ll experience teamwork as you’ve never experienced it in a co-op game before. Complete missions and gather ever more riches. Expand your roster of class-based skills, unlock new gear and weapons, and take on the worst monsters the galaxy has to offer.
Players can take one of four classes of badass dwarven miners, each with their own invaluable set of skills and gear. The Driller, the Engineer, the Scout and the Gunner must work together to survive a relentless onslaught of ravenous aliens and escape the procedurally generated caves with their bounty intact.
Players’ dwarves will be paired with up to three like-minded brethren and sent on missions to the most hostile planet ever discovered, Hoxxes IV, to mine precious gems and metals. Cooperation is essential to your success and, as an interplanetary mining conglomerate, Deep Rock Galactic depends on its employees to take care of each other.
The exciting news is that Deep Rock Galactic enforcers Coffee Stain Publishing and Ghost Ship Games have revealed the details for Season 03: Plaguefall!
Season 03: Plaguefall launches for PC (Steam) on November 3, 2022, giving players will have a fresh batch of new content to unlock through the patented progression tree, earning scrip to acquire cosmetics, minerals and more. For players on Xbox and PlayStation consoles, Season 03 will launch two weeks later on the November 17, 2022.
A rampant disease has struck Hoxxes IV known as Rockpox, and has created an evolved threat within the mines. To safeguard employees braving the new perilous circumstances, Deep Rock Galactic has unveiled a new range of grenades. These will arrive alongside another completely free Performance Pass for miners to work through, and earn a trove of cosmetic rewards.
As an added bonus for the cautious and fashionable Dwarf, the Biohazard Pack will also be available to purchase as DLC when the new season launches. The rivals are gone, but something much worse has taken their place: Plaguefall. Season 03 will see miners working their way through the new Performance Pass, while cleansing Hoxxes IV of its new plague infestation.
As the situation progresses, management will be revealing more information about what employees can do about the growing infestation in due course…
Four New ‘Nades
With new unknown threats, come some new untested treats from Deep Rock Galactic’s ‘creative’ R&D department. Drillers will be able to make mincemeat with their new Springloaded Ripper, complete with three rows of gnashing razorblades. Engineers can enjoy the much more efficient and calculated seeking missiles with tech ‘inspired’ by DRG’s former rivals with the Shredder Swarm. Gunners have one more way to create bullet storms with the chaotic Tactical Leadburster grenade. Finally, Scouts will take a new ‘Boomerang’ inspired Grenade down under, called the Voltaic Stun Sweeper.
The Biohazard Pack DLC
We can’t expect Deep Rock Galactic’s valued employees to hurtle into a plague-infested cesspit without the proper protection. Introducing: the Biohazard Pack. Including new armor, helmets and paint jobs, and a fresh look for Bosco to boot. Miners can purchase these new cosmetics when Season 03 drops on Steam on 3rd November 2022.
- 1 to 4 player Co-Op: Work together as a team to dig, explore, and fight your way through massive cave systems filled with hordes of deadly enemies and valuable resources.
- 4 Unique Classes: Mow through enemies as the Gunner, scout ahead and light up the caves as the Scout, chew through solid rock as the Driller, or support the team with defensive structures and turrets as the Engineer.
- Fully Destructible Environments: Destroy everything around you to reach your goal. There is no set path so you can complete your mission your way. But proceed with caution, you don’t want to stumble into an alien swarm unprepared!
- Procedurally Generated Cave Network: Explore a network of procedurally generated cave systems filled with enemies to fight and riches to collect.
- High-Tech Gadgets and Weapons: Clean the caves of Hoxxes IV with the CSPR Flamethrower and the “Lead Storm” Powered Minigun, light the way with flares, tackle tough terrain with the Reinforced Power Drill and reach new heights with the grappling hook.
Deep Rock Galactic is available on PC (Steam) @ $29.99/€29.99/£24.99.